Monday, February 25, 2013

Love Letters to Yourself! (Inspired by Veronica Varlow)

Okay, so I've literally been working on this for a week. Video editing makes me want to throw things. Lots of things.

Anyway, so I did the "How to Write the Sexiest, Most Passionate Love Letter...to YOURSELF" from VeVa's blog-o-rific How-To-Tuesday of last week in video form! I really enjoyed it. I wrote a pretty nice letter to myself, I think. I love her blog a lot because it's interactive and fun and hopefully people will read my blog (as it gets better) and say the same thing. She's just really good at life and I love her for sharing it with us. So here we go!

First off, the video!

This chronicles my whole process, following step by step the How-To and there are some Bloopa-doops at the end!

Next, my letter. Get ready for some sappy-sap-sap.

Dear {Monti},

Remember the name you have given the people who are closest to you fair access to; people who love you. It's sacred and real, powerful and purposeful, and you have made it so. I, if no one else, know you the best. I've been with you and I know you from experience.

You are this beautiful woman. At 18, you hold yourself with grace and poise and you don't let it falter. I am amazed at your accomplishments, what you've overcome. Believe it from yourself, you are blessed. God has put it an anointing on you, don't you ever forget it. What you are is someone to envy. There are angels singing your praises, watching over you, and they have stayed with you. You are taking your path. Be you an actress, a director, a soldier, an activist, or all of them, you will do it with the gifts you have been blessed with.

You are what I want to be when I grow up. I love you.

Love, Monti


So there it is! I really enjoyed this. Go forth and conquer.


No comments:

Post a Comment